We’ve had a lot of titles come into the store this week along with the announcement of a few exciting, soon to ship advance orders from Cemetery Dance
An anthology of horror stories based on the universe of George A. Romero features stories by Dan Simmons, Nancy Collins, Douglas Winter, and Bram Stoker Award-winner Elizabeth Massie, and includes the lost original script for Romero’s Day of the Dead!
This is a signed limited edition hardcover in custom slipcase. Book is signed by all contributors and is limited to only 500 copies and is in fine condition.
Still Dead: Book of the Dead 2
Foreword by Tom Savini
“Introduction: Nineteen New Ways to Kick Ass” by Skipp and Spector
“The Old Man and the Dead” by Mort Castle
“DONt/Walk” by Chan McConnell
“Necrophile” by Nancy A. Collins
“Rise Up and Walk” by K. W. Jeter
“One Step at a Time” by Glen Vasey
“The Ones You Love” by Skipp and Spector
“This Year’s Class Picture” by Dan Simmons
“Night of the Living Dead Bingo Women” by Simon McCaffery
“Abed” by Elizabeth Massie
“Come One, Come All” by Gahan Wilson
“The Prince of Nox” by Kathe Koja
“Beer Run” by Gregory Nicoll
“Prayer” by Douglas Morningstar and Maxwell Hart
“Calcutta, Lord of Nerves” by Poppy Z. Brite
“I Walk Alone” by Roberta Lannes
“Undiscovered Countries” by J. S. Russell
“Moon Towers” by Brooks Caruthers
“Passion Play” by Nancy Holder
“Bright Lights, Big Zombie” by Douglas E. Winter
This is the author’s first collection of horror stories .sixteen in all plus an introduction by Lewis Shiner ,interior illustrations by Mark Nelson and a perfect dustjacket illustration by J.K. Potter. “These are the kinds of stories one reads compulsively – helplessly enthralled by their seductive allure ,their perversions and truths ,their violence and centered peace.”
Bound in black cloth with red foil spine titles in matching black cloth slipcase which also has red foil spine titles.Issued in a limited signed and numbered edition of 500 copies of which this is #374/500 signed on the limitation page by Joe R. Lansdale by all.
Book is in fine condition in a fine dust jacket. Also includes a custom slipcase.
Two new advance orders announced by Cemetery Dance
Seven stories by William Hope Hodgson, a supreme master of imaginative horror are here collected for the first time in hardcover.
This story collection contains:
- A Tropical Horror
- The Finding of the Graiken
- Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachthani
- The Terror of the Water Tank
- The Albatross
- The Haunting of the Lady Shannon
- Out of the Storm
- Biography of the author by Sam Moskowitz
Book is in near fine condition in a near fine dust jacket.
Featuring an exclusive introduction by Michael Koryta, cover artwork by Vincent Chong, and original interior illustrations by Glenn Chadbourne
About the Book:
This collection features five tales of horror by Brian James Freeman that deal with both real and supernatural terrors. It explores locations you would never think to look in because sometimes we find our darkest demons in the most unexpected places.
• In “What They Left Behind,” a young man discovers something lurking in the basement of the old office building his father-in-law has purchased in a last ditch effort to save the family business. This thing in the basement is evil and it’s very, very hungry.
• In “The Final Lesson” you’ll meet Ronald, a mild-mannered high school teacher who has never lifted his hand in anger, but there is a darkness inside him, which has been building and boiling since his wife was brutally murdered… and he might not be able to control himself when he learns more about why she died.
• A family man discovers there are monsters taking over the world in “Among Us,” but he also learns that a chosen few can fight back if they’re willing to sacrifice everything they’ve ever known and loved.
• As “Pulled Into Darkness” opens, Edward is certain of only one thing in life: eventually his wife will find a way to kill him. Her previous failures won’t stop her from trying again and again until she succeeds… and tonight one of them won’t be leaving the house alive.
• Finally, a lonely young man’s very unusual job is taking a heavy toll on him in “Answering the Call.” He stays in the homes of the deceased during their funerals to answer the phone, receive deliveries, and deter thieves who might have seen the obituary in the newspaper. The young man has witnessed a lot of strange things over the years in the homes of the dead, and today his job will truly become a matter of life and death…
These five stories showcase Freeman’s dazzling virtuosity and imagination as his characters descend into the depths of madness. Find out why Richard Matheson has called his writing “spooky stuff” and why Stewart O’Nan has said his stories have “great velocity and impact.” There is darkness all around us, and Freeman isn’t afraid to shine a light onto the things that scare us the most.
Hardcover Limited Edition of 750 signed (by Brian James Freeman, Michael Koryta, and Glenn Chadbourne) copies bound in full-cloth and Smyth sewn
It’s Friday, October 6th, the third day in a row the temperature has hit the high eighties. A genuine Indian summer heat wave.
Twelve year-old Billy Crowell and his friends are playing homerun derby at Pingree Park when the town’s fire horn starts honking. Everyone stops and counts the series of toots and they decipher the code: there’s a forest fire approaching town.
Billy and his friends join the firefighters as they attempt to protect their town from the raging forest fire, but the fire isn’t the only danger in the forest. Soon Billy is separated from the group, disoriented and lost. Daylight is fading fast and the forest is growing darker by the minute.
Before too long, Billy stumbles upon the mutilated corpse of a deer, and the true horrors of the woods are soon chasing after him as night consumes the land…
Hardcover Limited Edition of 750 copies signed by the author, bound in full-cloth and Smyth sewn
Only Two more days to take advantage of our:
Miskatonic Books Holiday Sale!
25% off all in stock items at Miskatonic Books. Many of our items are rare and we only have one in stock, items will go on a first come first serve basis.
You will need to use coupon code “DEC8” at checkout to receive your discount.
Advance order items and the Cthulhu Christmas Ornament are restricted from this sale.
We are adding new books daily!